Saturday 31 May 2014

TV- entertaining or not?

Today, I want to share with you some reflections on TV and its entertaining role.

As a child, I used to spend several hours in front of a screen, which was nothing exceptional that time, I think. There were so many cartoons and tales worth watching then! My favourite ones were those produced  in the Czech Republic, simple, with basic graphics, which stimulated my imagination. Nowadays,although the variety of tales for children on TV is even greater, they're so detailed and colourful that the youngest are just passive viewers; well, I don't want to say these programmes are void of educational values, but I've got an impression they're not as stimulating&thought-provoking as in the past.

The quality of TV programmes is getting lower and lower in general. At home, I have quite a lot of channels, but there's nothing interesting to watch, really. Maybe I'm a demanding viewer, but come on, who wants to watch some stupid TV series repeating again and again or films which might not be so stupid, but you can't stand even thinking about them as they have been on so many times before... Honestly, I rarely watch TV (I don't have a TV set in PoznaƄ) and when I need some entertainment on Friday evening, I can choose : never-ending commercials/serials for idiots/some weird films I do not want to watch. What do we pay for?!

To sum up: Thanks God I have acces to the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment