Sunday 27 April 2014

A special day

Today is the day of canonization of 2 great popes- John Paul II and John XXIII- a celebration not only for the Christan Church, but also for confessors of other religions who feel their lives were influenced by these 2 exceptional people. I've just watched the transmission of the solemn Mass from Vatican and I'm really moved. I can't express how proud and happy I am because our compatriot is offically Saint John Paul II. For the Poles He was (and still is) a role model, an example of a person who is truly close to God, who gives hope, who was taking care of a family and young people and who shows that everyone can be saint.
I don't forget about Pope John XXIII who organised the Second Vatical Council and started the dialogue with other religions, showing the respect for them, but for me, as a Pole, Saint John Paul II will be always closer.  I must confess that every time I think about his life, I want my faith to be as strong and unshakable as his and to be a good person.
I'm so grateful to God for these two great people who changed for sure the Catolic Church and lives of millions of people all over the world, who gave us the example of humility and piety.

No comments:

Post a Comment