Friday 22 May 2015

Colourful world


It will probably not be a surprise for you to know that the colours that surrounds us have a huge influence on the way we feel and act. They are widely used in advertising industry as an efficient tool of persuasion or even manipulation,  because we subconsciously attach a meaning to every colour. Sometimes, it is obvious, for example, it is a common knowledge that green is associated with calm and nature, but not all the meanings  are not so easy to guess:

  • Blue, apart from coldness and peace, may be associated with boredom, conservatism and professionalism
  • Yellow- summer, energy, liveliness but also -which is surprising-  cowardice, conflict and hunger ( I thought it was more optimistic!)
  • Orange- creativity, affordability, aggression, food
  • Purple - a royal colour, means also mystery, power, and luxury
  • Red - determination, speed, strength, desire

By the colours that we love or hate, it is possible to define our personality.
My favourite ones are: blue, green, purple and yellow.  I decided to find out if this choice is really a reflection of who I am and here's what I found:

  • Green - a good listener, a peacemaker, just, but also possessive
  • Blue - reliable, responsible, wise, calm
  • Purple - creative, imaginative, a daydreamer
  • Yellow - practcal, enthousiastic, optimistic, impulsive
Well, apart from creativity and one funny contradiction (how can I possibly be a daydreamer and practical at the same time?:)), I have to admit that in general these colours describe me quite well. Isn't it interesting? Colours have always been quite important to me, but I would have never thought they can so much reflect one's personality. I am curious to know if we like certain colours because of our qualities or just the other way round- we are who we are due to the colours we love.

Anyway, I think it is good to pay attention to the colours around us. They affect us to such extend that we can easily calm down or get motivated simply by changing what we have in sight :)


No comments:

Post a Comment