Friday 26 December 2014

Christmas spirit?

Our long (but still too short) winter break is still not over, even Christmas is still not over, but somehow I'm sad and  I've got a strange feeling of missing something intangible. I'm not in the mood of listening Christmas songs, I don't feel this joy which should accompany me these days. At the beginning I thought it was because of the tiredness, hurry, preparations or constant necessity to learn something, but later I realised that even when I have everything done, I still feel frustrated. Christmas time is said to be the time for reflexion, so I've been reflecting and I eventually came to a conclusion that it's me who is responsible for this situation. My lack of self-confidence, my self-loathing at times, the fact that I'm never satisfied with my successes; I always want something more, I want to be better, smarter, prettier, etc. 
I'm aware of the fact I'm not perfect and I will never be, but lately I've decided to change my attitude towards myself. I know it won't be easy, but at least I want to try as we have only one life and a right to be happy. It's my New Year's resolution :)

No comments:

Post a Comment